Re: ILP32 for ARM64 - testing with lmbench

From: Maxim Kuvyrkov
Date: Thu Nov 17 2016 - 00:02:49 EST

Hi Bamvor,

I'm surprised that you see this much difference from ILP32 patches on SPEC CPU2006int at all. The SPEC CPU2006 benchmarks spend almost no time in the kernel syscalls. I can imagine memory, TLB, and cache handling in the kernel could affect CPU2006 benchmarks. Do ILP32 patches touch code in those areas?

Other than that, it would be interesting to check what the variance is between the 3 iterations of benchmark runs. Could you check what relative standard deviation is between the 3 iterations -- (STDEV(RUN1, RUN2, RUN3) / RUNselected)?

For reference, in my [non-ILP32] benchmarking I see 1.1% for 401.bzip2, 0.8% for 429.mcf, 0.2% for 456.hmmer, and 0.1% for 462.libquantum.

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org