Re: [Patch v7 6/7] irqchip: xilinx: Try to fall back if xlnx,kind-of-intr not provided

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Fri Nov 18 2016 - 08:32:34 EST

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016, Zubair Lutfullah Kakakhel wrote:

> The powerpc dts file does not have the xlnx,kind-of-intr property.
> Instead of erroring out, give a warning instead. And attempt to
> continue to probe the interrupt controller while assuming
> kind-of-intr is 0x0 as a fall back.

This is broken, really. On multiplatform kernels this will try to probe the
chip no matter what.

Powerpc already has:

static const struct of_device_id xilinx_intc_match[] __initconst = {
{ .compatible = "xlnx,opb-intc-1.00.c", },
{ .compatible = "xlnx,xps-intc-1.00.a", },
{}
};

Unless I'm missing something important, then adding those compatible
strings to the driver will just keep stuff working as expected instead of
adding unsafe and broken heuristics.

Thanks,

tglx