Re: 4.9-rc7: (forcedeth?) BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at kernel/irq/manage.c:110

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Tue Nov 29 2016 - 15:23:02 EST

> On Nov 29, 2016 11:58 AM, "Eric Dumazet" <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > nv_do_nic_poll() is simply buggy and needs a fix.
> >
> > synchronize_irq() can sleep.
>
> Yes, but why did it start showing up now? None of this has changed as far as I can see?

Found one thing that changed - compiler from 6.2.0-9 to 6.2.1-5 and
binutils too in debian unstable (explicitly upgraded to get fix to the
binutils bug that broke 64-bit kernels).

> Is it just timing and the transmit queue being busy? Perhaps due to the sheer size of messages? Meelis does seem to have a ton of debugging enabled..

Well, the dmesg is not too verbose but when I debugged some earlier
problem, netconsole and many other debugging options were left on.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)