Re: Nokia N900 headset detection & MIC Bias + TVOUT

From: Mark Brown
Date: Mon Jan 09 2017 - 14:22:39 EST

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 02:13:17PM +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:

> So... can I call snd_soc_dapm_mutex_lock(dapm) at function startup,
> start doing cable detection and when needed call this?

> snd_soc_dapm_enable_pin_unlocked(dapm, "HS Mic");
> snd_soc_dapm_sync_unlocked(dapm);

> And at the end of function revert back "HS Mic" pin status and call
> snd_soc_dapm_mutex_unlock(dapm)?

You shouldn't need to lock I'd expect, and you'll want to sync at any
point where you need an actual change. Note that if something holds the
microphone bias on (like something using the microphone) separately then
that'll take effect so if you really need things to get turned off then
that won't work but you probably have trouble anyway in that situation.