RE: [Regression] fstrim hangs on Hyper-V: caused by "block: improve handling of the magic discard payload"

From: Dexuan Cui
Date: Thu Jan 12 2017 - 10:39:28 EST

Hi Christoph,
Thank you very much for the help!

The file just shows "unmap":

root@decui-u1604:~# cd /sys/class/scsi_disk/2\:0\:0\:0
root@decui-u1604:/sys/class/scsi_disk/2:0:0:0# ls
allow_restart cache_type device manage_start_stop max_write_same_blocks protection_mode provisioning_mode thin_provisioning
app_tag_own deferred_probe FUA max_medium_access_timeouts power protection_type subsystem uevent
root@decui-u1604:/sys/class/scsi_disk/2:0:0:0# cat provisioning_mode
unmap

I'm ready to provide any info you need. :-)

Thanks,
-- Dexuan