[PATCH net 0/4] r8152: fix scheduling napi
From: Hayes Wang
Date: Tue Jan 24 2017 - 21:51:27 EST
Scheduling the napi during the following periods would let it be ignored.
And the events wouldn't be handled until next napi_schedule() is called.
1. after napi_disable and before napi_enable().
2. after all actions of napi function is completed and before calling
If no next napi_schedule() is called, tx or rx would stop working.
In order to avoid these situations, the followings solutions are applied.
1. prevent start_xmit() from calling napi_schedule() during runtime suspend
or after napi_disable().
2. re-schedule the napi for tx if it is necessary.
3. check if any rx is finished or not after napi_enable().
Hayes Wang (4):
r8152: avoid start_xmit to call napi_schedule during autosuspend
r8152: avoid start_xmit to schedule napi when napi is disabled
r8152: re-schedule napi for tx
r8152: check rx after napi is enabled
drivers/net/usb/r8152.c | 26 ++++++++++++++++++++------
1 file changed, 20 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)