Re: [char-misc-next V2] mei: simplify error handling via devres function.

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Wed Jan 25 2017 - 11:28:45 EST

On Wed, 2017-01-25 at 18:25 +0200, Tomas Winkler wrote:
> Use devm_ and pcim_ functions to make error handling
> simpler and code smaller and tidier.
>
> Based on original patch by
> mei: me: use managed functions pcim_* and devm_*
> Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/1/339

Thanks for an update!

> Cc: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

One nitpick below and please use my SoB instead of Cc here. And you may
remove my name above in the commit message (You might leave a link if
you want to)

> ÂÂÂÂ2. Revert pcim irq reservation change.

Noticed that in my origin patch it wasn't touched.

> Âdisable_msi:
> Â pci_disable_msi(pdev);

But this one in error path of ->probe() and below in ->remove() can be
removed. pcim_release() will take care of it. (request_threaded_irq()
and free_irq() must be left untouched, indeed)

In suspend/resume you would use it if you want to, though I don't know
if it makes any difference.

> Â free_irq(pdev->irq, dev);
> Â pci_disable_msi(pdev);

Ditto for the second module, pci_disable_msi() can be safely removed.
(System sleep case is a separate one and perhaps needs additional
testing, thus, up to you)

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Intel Finland Oy