Re: squashfs-tools: Add -offset option to skip n bytes at the start of the file

From: Phillip Lougher
Date: Mon Jan 30 2017 - 21:57:31 EST

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-01-29 at 03:33 -0800, probonopd wrote:
>> Yes, I am not happy about that.
>> You could either push your change to the squashfs folks
>> Sent a PR half a year ago but no reaction: plougher/squashfs-tools#13 - is
>> something wrong with it?
>
> That repo seems inactive. So does the git repo at kernel.org. but I would rely
> on that one.

The repo at github is dead, I only used it during the time kernel.org
was offline due to the hack.

The repo at kernel.org is the official repo. It hasn't been updated in a while
simply because the tools are considered stable, and I have not had a burning
desire to add new features for a while.

> Let's try fresh now. Given there's been not much development in the upstream
> repo, I've just taken your patch, as is, for submission.
>
>> Or you could just carry the delta and ask the user to fetch the squashfs-tools
>> source themselves
>> Do you mean "carry the delta" as in "provide a diff"?
>
> Doing now.
>
> Dear Squashfs Team,

That's me.

> Can you please review/include the attached patch into squashfs-tools ?
> The mentioned changes are needed by AppImageKit.

Well from a quick look at the attached patches, I see no reason
not to pull them.

I'll have a look over at github because is the first I've seen of these
patches, and I'll see if I can pull them from there.

If not, I'll ask the author to send them to me at this address.

Phillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is dead because my ISP arbitrarily ceased
email support sometime ago (and I'd had that email for 20 years).
It would appear phillip@squashfs,org.uk is still redirected to that,
and I'll fix that.

Phillip