Re: v4.10-rc6 boot regression on Intel desktop, does not boot after cold boots, boots after reboot

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sat Feb 04 2017 - 11:55:06 EST

Hi!

> v4.10-rc1 seems to work.

v4.10-rc3: ok
v4.10-rc5: bad, I get some kind of backtrace? Next boot results in
hang. It boots ok twice in between.
v4.10-rc6: ok ?!
34e00accf612bc5448ae709245c2b408edf39f46 : ok?
v4.10-rc6-feb3: ok?! (with config.ok, and with original config. Hmm?)

This machine was pretty reliable (except rowhammer), but I admit their
EC code may leave something to be desired. Sometimes it runs without
power LED lit (usually after strange crashes), sometimes _two_ long
presses are neccessary to power it off.

So... yesterday it hung on cold boot, but not on reboot. Verified 5
times or more. Today, I can't reproduce the hang. Strange :-(.

Best regards,
Pavel