Re: Sed-opal fixups

From: Scott Bauer
Date: Thu Feb 09 2017 - 12:57:33 EST

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 05:43:20PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> [...]

I think I'm the only userspace user right now, this went in on monday,
so I can can change my tooling easily. I just wasnt sure if there was a
set time where the user ABI cannot be changed.

> At the top of the driver's ioctl path add:
> if (cmd == IOC_OPAL_ACTIVATE_LSP_OLD) cmd = IOC_OPAL_ACTIVATE_LSP;

I think it would have to be the other way around the correct sized one would
be IOC_OPAL_ACTIAVE_LSP_NEW so the check would be:
if (cmd == IOC_OPAL_ACTIVATE_LSP) cmd = IOC_OPAL_ACTIVATE_LSP_NEW. If we're
allowed to change it (the bad sized one) from LSP to LSP_OLD then we should
just change the structure. If we have to leave it we need to introduce a _NEW
with the correct size.