Re: Intel PT decoder switch case fallthrough cases reported by gcc 7

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Feb 09 2017 - 13:48:26 EST

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 01:50:39PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've updated the container with Fedora Rawhide I use to build
> tools/perf/ and samples/bcc/ and it now comes with gcc 7, where I get
> things like:

FWIW, but it just shows that you should never ship software with -Werror
enabled. New compiler releases add new warnings, and you just randomly
break the build for users who use newer compilers.

It's ok to use in your own builds, but should never be default.

The kernel gets it right, but perf is wrong here.

-Andi