[PATCH v6 0/8] uapi: export all headers under uapi directories
From: Nicolas Dichtel
Date: Fri Feb 10 2017 - 06:02:24 EST
Here is the v6 of this series.
Patches #1 and #2 are just cleanup: some exported headers were still under
a non-uapi directory. Patch #3 is a fix to avoid exporting a file that was
not under an uapi directory.
After these three patches, all exported headers are under an uapi directory:
path #4 stops searching files in non uapi directories.
The patch #5 was spotted by code review: there is no in-tree user of this
Patch #6 fixes some warnings/errors reported by 0-day tests.
Patches #7 and #8 remove the need to list explicitly headers. Now all files
under an uapi directory are exported.
This series has been tested with a 'make headers_install' on x86 and a
'make headers_install_all'. I've checked the result of both commands.
This patch is built against linus tree. If I must rebase it against the kbuild
tree, just tell me.
FYI, I will be off for 10 days.
v5 -> v6:
- patch #6: remove change of include/uapi/linux/media.h
- patch #7: fix hdr export when 'make O=' is used (look for genhdr files in
the right directory)
- patch #8: fix 'make headers_check'
v4 -> v5:
- patch #3: get back to v3 (don't export msr-index.h)
- patch #6: new in this version
- patch #7: fix compilation by introducing header-n
v3 -> v4:
- first patch has been included
- patch #4: get back to v2 and remove arch/x86/include/asm/msr-index.h
v2 -> v3:
- patch #1: remove arch/arm/include/asm/types.h
- patch #2: remove arch/h8300/include/asm/bitsperlong.h
- patch #3: remove arch/nios2/include/uapi/asm/setup.h
- patch #4: don't export msr-index.h
- patch #5: fix a typo: s/unput-files3-name/input-files3-name
- patch #6: no change
- patch #7: fix include/uapi/asm-generic/Kbuild.asm by introducing mandatory-y
- add patch #8
v1 -> v2:
- add patch #1 to #6
- patch #7: remove use of header-y
Comments are welcomed,