Re: Linux 4.9.6 ( Restore IO-APIC irq_chip retrigger callback , breaks my box )

From: Gabriel C
Date: Sun Feb 12 2017 - 15:22:34 EST

On 11.02.2017 22:32, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 09:58:26PM +0100, Gabriel C wrote:
Yes , it will hang before tsc message ..
Also sometimes I have same trace sometimes it just hangs forever.

It doesn't sound like dis_ucode_ldr changes anything. Or maybe it does,
maybe the microcode applies some fix for some erratum or whatnot.

Well the bug is still there but at least something in microcode code seems to
trigger too..

Also when it hangs it looks like this :

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/crash2.jpg

Will stay like this forever.. no trace or something.

Right, so please disable that splash screen and do a boot video again
without the dis_ucode_ldr option.

The problem was vga=.. option , not the splash :)

There is what I get :

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/crash2.mp4

With dis_ucode_ldr there is some more output , with it will stay like this , nothing more.

Alo I disabled all 'VT-d' in BIOS .. it doesn't make any difference.

Regards,

Gabriel C