Re: Linux 4.9.6 ( Restore IO-APIC irq_chip retrigger callback , breaks my box )

From: Gabriel C
Date: Sun Feb 12 2017 - 17:21:22 EST

On 12.02.2017 22:12, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 09:21:53PM +0100, Gabriel C wrote:
There is what I get :

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/crash2.mp4

Ok, I'm watching it frame-by-frame. I can see the microcode getting
updated to revision 0x19 as in your working dmesg.

The machine hangs here at the

clocksource: tsc: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 0x20ac7f6ecc6, max_idle_ns: 440795315461 ns

line too. The exact same numbers even as in the previous run! Strange.

With dis_ucode_ldr there is some more output , with it will stay like this , nothing more.

Ok, can you do redo the first video but with "initcall_debug" on the
kernel command line?

And then do video of another run with "initcall_debug dis_ucode_ldr" on
the kernel command line?

I'd like to see which of the initcalls doesn't return.

There are both videos .. however the output seems kind same this time..

http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/crash_initcall_debug.mp4
http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/crazy/kernel/t/crash_intcall_debug_ucode_off.mp4

I try to find out more tomorrow but right now I don't even have a clue
where to add some printk's to get some more output :(