[PATCH v6 00/14] mmc: Add support to Marvell Xenon SD Host Controller
From: Gregory CLEMENT
Date: Tue Feb 14 2017 - 12:06:37 EST
This the sixth version of the series adding support for the SDHCI
Xenon controller. It can be currently found on the Armada 37xx and the
Armada 7K/8K but will be also used in more Marvell SoC (and not only
the mvebu ones actually).
Most of the following changes had been discussed on the mailing list,
except the new compatible string.
It occurred that the xenon controller was integrated in a different
way in the AP806 and the CP110 which both are part of the Armada 7K/8K
SoCs. For example the Xenon controller in CP110 doesn't not support
- Add a generic "mmc-card" parse in core layer.
- Fix the spelling issues in Xenon dt binding doc and drivers.
- Remove descriptions to common mmc properties from Xenon dt binding
- Split compatible string "marvell,armada-8k-sdhci" into
"marvell,armada-ap806-sdhci" and "marvell,armada-cp110-sdhci".
- Also updates the example in Xenon dt binding doc.
- Remove unnecessary dependency on MMC_SDHCI from Xenon entry in
- Move Xenon specific dt parse into a separate function.
- Adjust warnings and condition check in Xenon PHY setting, to remove
fragile hs200->hs400/hs400->hs200 sequence check function.
- Enable PHY Slow Mode in MMC_TIMING_LEGACY timing if PHY Slow Mode is
required in dts.
- Add a patch allowing dts backwards compatible for the clock
- Remove the patch to export sdhci_execute_tuning(). It is already
exported in v4.10.
- Introduce a patch adding a missing clock for the sdhci controller
present on the CP master for A7K/A8K. There is no build dependency
but obviously this patch is need to use the sdhci controller present
on the CP part.
- Adjust Xenon return setup, to avoid being overwritten by
- Change Xenon register definition prefix to "XENON_".
- Fix typos in Xenon driver and dt-binding docs.
- Change compatible string "marvell,armada-7000-sdhci" to
"marvell,armada-8k-sdhci". Actually the Armada 7K SoCs are a subset
of the Armada 8K SoCs. Moreover, the use of the '000' is not
consistent with all the other compatible string already used for the
Armada 7K/8K family.
- Added the Tested-by from Russell King on an Armada 8K based board.
v3 -> v4:
For this version a few change have been done:
- fixes 2 bug reported by kbuild-bot
- remove extra of_node_put()
- convert 0 in false for function returning boolean
- add a device tree node for the sdhci controller present on the CP
master for A7K/A8K. It also led to rename the sdhci0 node on AP to
ap_sdhci0 to make a distinction with the one present on CP master.
v2 -> v3
I think that now most (if not all) the remarks had been taking into
account since the second version. According to Ziji Hu, here are the
" Changes in V3:
Adjust and improve Xenon DT bindings. Move some caps setting from driver into
DT. Use mmc-card sub-node to represent eMMC type.
Remove PHY Sampling Fixed Delay Line scan in lower speed mode.
Improve Xenon probe and ->init_card() functions.
Export sdhci_enable_sdio_irq() and implement own SDIO IRQ control.
Split PHY patch into two smaller patches.
Temporarily remove AXI clock before its implementation is improved."
Besides this changes I also
- Removed the sdhci-xenon-phy.h and moved its content in the
- Fixed the tuning-count usage
- Managed the error case for clk_prepare_enable
For the record the change from v1 was:
" Changes in V2:
rebase on v4.9-rc2.
Re-write Xenon bindings. Ajust Xenon DT property naming.
Add a new DT property to indicate eMMC card type, instead of using
Clear quirks SDHCI_QUIRK_MULTIBLOCK_READ_ACMD12 in Xenon platform data
Add support to HS400 retuning."
Gregory CLEMENT (4):
clk: apn806: Turn the eMMC clock as optional for dts backwards compatible
arm64: dts: marvell: add eMMC support for Armada 37xx
arm64: dts: marvell: add sdhci support for Armada 7K/8K
arm64: configs: enable SDHCI driver for Xenon
Hu Ziji (9):
mmc: core: Add mmc-card dt sub-node parse in core layer
mmc: sdhci: Export sdhci_set_ios() from sdhci.c
mmc: sdhci: Export sdhci_start_signal_voltage_switch() in sdhci.c
mmc: sdhci: Export sdhci_enable_sdio_irq() from sdhci.c
dt: bindings: Add bindings for Marvell Xenon SD Host Controller
mmc: sdhci-xenon: Add Marvell Xenon SDHC core functionality
mmc: sdhci-xenon: Add support to PHYs of Marvell Xenon SDHC
mmc: sdhci-xenon: Add SoC PHY PAD voltage control
MAINTAINERS: add entry for Marvell Xenon MMC Host Controller drivers
Konstantin Porotchkin (1):
clk: apn806: Add eMMC clock to system controller driver
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/marvell,xenon-sdhci.txt | 172 +-
MAINTAINERS | 7 +-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-3720-db.dts | 16 +-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-37xx.dtsi | 11 +-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-7040-db.dts | 14 +-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-8040-db.dts | 20 +-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-ap806.dtsi | 14 +-
arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-cp110-master.dtsi | 11 +-
arch/arm64/configs/defconfig | 1 +-
drivers/clk/mvebu/ap806-system-controller.c | 21 +-
drivers/mmc/core/mmc.c | 24 +-
drivers/mmc/host/Kconfig | 9 +-
drivers/mmc/host/Makefile | 3 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-xenon-phy.c | 865 +++++++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-xenon.c | 605 +++++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-xenon.h | 109 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.c | 11 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.h | 4 +-
include/linux/mmc/core.h | 2 +-
19 files changed, 1913 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/marvell,xenon-sdhci.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-xenon-phy.c
create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-xenon.c
create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-xenon.h