Re: [RFC 7/8] fpga-region: add sysfs interface

From: Jason Gunthorpe
Date: Wed Feb 22 2017 - 00:12:24 EST

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 07:49:19PM -0800, Moritz Fischer wrote:

> fdt does this out of the box, too. So far I've seen nothing fdt
> couldn't do (or doesn't do let's rather say).

tlv/fdt/http headers are all essentially exactly the same
thing. Key/value pairs with various encoding schemes.

I don't think we don't need a tree of data, so fdt is overkill.

tlv is not substantially easier to parse correctly than the
structured plain text headers.. It is just in binary so it can
represent binary-ish things better.

So far the only thing we know we need is a 'bool' for encrypted and a
stringish guid thing for partial reconfiguration.

The other stuff I've always used is pretty much all textual.

Jason