Re: [RFT 0/4] mfd: regulator: max14577: Remove support for platform data

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Mon Feb 27 2017 - 08:08:57 EST

Hi,

On Friday, February 17, 2017 10:01:56 PM Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Minor cleanup of max14577 family of drivers. The dependency inside:
> 1. Patch #3 and #4 depends for safeness on #1 so no one would try to
> run the driver on non-DT platform (such platform does not exist anyway...).
> 2. Patch #4 depends on patch #3 (compile time dependency).
>
> Unfortunately I do not have the boards using these drivers, so testing
> would be appreciated.

Your patchset looks fine to me but I've noticed that
maxim,max14577 bindings are not used currently in
the mainline kernel.

AFAIK MAX14577 support is needed only for Gear1 board
which doesn't have DTS file in the upstream kernel
(moreover Exynos4212 SoC support has been removed
recently).

It seems that MAX14577 support should also go away
(unless there are some other boards using it that we
support in the mainline kernel).

Best regards,
--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz