Re: v4.10: kernel stack frame pointer .. has bad value (null)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Mar 09 2017 - 05:59:19 EST

On Thu 2017-03-09 10:38:46, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:22 PM, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Well, I have fast CPUs, but most of the time they just compile
> > stuff. Especially bisect is compile-heavy. I suspect going back to
> > gcc-3.2 would bring me bigger advantages than CPU upgrade...
>
> I hope you do use ccache or distcc?

I tried to use distcc before, but it was rather hard to maintain. No
ccache here. Hmm. I guess ccache really makes sense for bisect.

On the other hand... it should be possible to compile kernel 10 times
faster than we normally do, without powering up additional machines
and without caching tricks.

Best regards,
Pavel