Re: Splat during resume

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sat Mar 25 2017 - 18:46:32 EST

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 03:05:41PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I think this is the same as the kexec issue that also hit -tip.
>
> It's *probably* fixed by the final series to actually enable 5-level
> paging (which I don't think is in -tip yet), but even if that is the
> case this is obviously a nasty bisectability problem.

It being -tip only for now, I'm guessing that can still be addressed...?

> You migth want to verify, though. The second batch starts here:
>
> https://marc.info/?l=linux-mm&m=148977696117208&w=2
>
> Hmm?
>
> In the meantime, this is currently -tip only, so I will stack back
> from this thread unless you can reproduce it in mainline too.

I could try mainline, just in case and if you want me to but

* considering the patch which broke this is in tip only and
* after git-am'ing the 6 part-2 patches you and Kirill pointed me at, the resume issue is fixed,

it probably is not really needed.

Thanks guys.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.