Re: [GIT PULL] mfd: exynos-lpass: Pinctrl dependency

From: Lee Jones
Date: Tue Apr 04 2017 - 05:51:05 EST

On Tue, 04 Apr 2017, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Lee Jones <lee.jones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Mar 2017, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> >

> >> Hi Lee,
> >>

> >> This is dependency for mfd/exynos-lpass driver changes from Marek Szyprowski.
> >> That's a material for v4.12 and I will be pushing this later to Linus Walleij.
> >
> > This does not work, and *may* still break.
> >
> > The only way to guarantee the order of the patches is to have them
> > *all* as part of the pull-request. Not just some of them.
>
> What do you mean exactly? If these two patches come through my tree
> first, then everything will work fine because they do not break any
> other stuff.
>
> If you pull it and apply the rest on top, then it should also work
> without problems because your history will contain everything needed
> in proper order.
>
> In both cases bisectability is preserved. Did I missed something?

Okay, so you're suggesting that I rebase MFD *on-top* of your PR. That
does work for me because I insist on being able to re-work my tree at
any time. However, be aware that some Maintainers do not work this
way, thus *normally* you will have to send PR containing all of the
dependant patches.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead