Re: new warning at net/wireless/util.c:1236

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Thu May 04 2017 - 02:42:12 EST

Hi,

> Things still work, but when it starts warning, it generates a *lot*
> of noise (I got 36 of these within about ten minutes).

Yeah, that's kinda dumb - I just sent a patch to make that just warn
once and actually report the configuration.

> I have no idea what triggered it, because when I rebooted (not
> because of this issue, but just to reboot into a newer kernel) I
> don't see it again.

That's odd. Perhaps you connected to a different wireless network on
the next boot? I'm pretty sure I found the cause for this, and will
send out a patch in a minute, but that wouldn't go away with a
different kernel.

johannes