[REGRESSION] "drm: convert drivers to use drm_of_find_panel_or_bridge" breaks graphics on hikey

From: John Stultz
Date: Thu May 04 2017 - 18:33:53 EST

Hey folks,
Testing mainline with HiKey, I noticed graphics was no longer
properly initializing. I don't seem to get much useful info in the way
of errors, its just the kirin drm driver doesn't seem to
initialize/bind.

Digging through the recent changes I landed on ebc944613567 ("drm:
convert drivers to use drm_of_find_panel_or_bridge"). And reverting
that patch (which doesn't revert cleanly, but cleanly enough for me to
test my device), seems to resolve the issue.

I've not been able to root cause the problem, but I wanted to bring it
up quickly here, as folks might figure out the error faster then I
can.

thanks
-john