Re: pxa3xx-nand failing to find device on linux-next

From: Chris Packham
Date: Wed May 24 2017 - 05:38:12 EST

On 23/05/17 17:27, Chris Packham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some testing on linux-next and I'm finding that my nand flash
> has disappeared.
>
> pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: This platform can't do DMA on this device
> pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: non-supported command ef
> pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: non-supported command ee
> pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: non-supported command ef
> pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: non-supported command ee
> On-die ECC forcefully enabled, not supported
> nand: No NAND device found
> pxa3xx-nand f10d0000.flash: failed to scan nand at cs 0
>
> This was working around 4.11. I'll try to do some more digging tomorrow
> to narrow down a failure point but I thought I'd send this out now just
> in case it rings any bells.
>
> The board I'm using (DB-88F6820-AMC) is unfortunately out-of tree but it
> should be pretty close to the armada-388-db. I can make my dts available
> if it's helpful.

Still works on 4.12-rc2. Fails on next-20170524.

This appears to be due to commit b566d9c055de ("mtd: nand: add support
for Micron on-die ECC"). Which based on the description seems intentional.

Since I have access to a hardware platform that has a micron flash with
ECC forcefully enabled how can I help to get this implemented.