Re: mips qemu test failures in -next due to "kthread: Fix use-after-free if kthread fork fails"

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Sun May 28 2017 - 07:46:24 EST

On 05/27/17 19:56, Guenter Roeck wrote:
Hi,

my qemu testis of mips images are failing in -next. Symptom is a hang during
boot; see http://kerneltests.org/builders/qemu-mips-next for some examples.

I bisected the problem in next-20170526. It points to commit 4d6501dce079c
("kthread: Fix use-after-free if kthread fork fails"). Reverting that patch
fixes the problem.

Bisect log is attached.

Hi,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the breakage :-/

I can't immediately spot what's going wrong, but I am able to reproduce
it on mips so I will try to debug.

Are you sure it's this commit, though? I checked out linus/master and
I get a boot hang even after reverting it.

Vegard