linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Mon Jun 19 2017 - 04:14:19 EST

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (sparc
defconfig) failed like this:

arch/sparc/mm/extable.c:16:1: error: conflicting types for 'search_extable'
search_extable(const struct exception_table_entry *start,
^
In file included from arch/sparc/mm/extable.c:6:0:
include/linux/extable.h:11:1: note: previous declaration of 'search_extable' was here
search_extable(const struct exception_table_entry *first,
^

Caused by commit

222785199d50 ("lib/extable.c: use bsearch() library function in search_extable()")

This would also affect the sh architecture. Grep is your friend. I am
not sure why they have separate implementations.

I have reverted that commit (and its following fixup) for today.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell