[PATCH v4 0/2] drm: atmel-hlcdc: clut support
From: Peter Rosin
Date: Tue Jun 20 2017 - 10:10:32 EST
This series adds support for an 8-bit clut mode in the atmel-hlcdc
This is the same code as in patch 1/3 of v3. I will redo 2/3 and 3/3
of that series some other way and it feels orthogonal to this driver,
and that might take some time to get right, so I'm going to handle
that on its own.
Changes since v3:
- Dropped ugly code (patches 2/3 and 3/3) for legacy fbdev interaction.
- Slit out the .set_property change to a patch of its own.
Changes since v2:
- Fix mapping to the clut registers.
Changes since v1:
- Move the clut update from atmel_hlcdc_crtc_mode_valid to
- Add default .gamma_set helper (drm_atomic_helper_legacy_gamma_set).
- Don't keep a spare copy of the clut, reuse gamma_store instead.
- Don't try to synchronize the legacy fb clut with the drm clut.
As I said in v2, I have not added any .clut_offset to the overlay2
layer of sama5d4, since the chip does not appear to have that layer.
I didn't do that to make it easier to work with the patch previously
sent to remove that layer, but I suspect bad things may happen to
sama5d4 users if they do not have that layer removed.
Peter Rosin (2):
drm: atmel-hlcdc: add missing .set_property helper to the crtc
drm: atmel-hlcdc: add support for 8-bit color lookup table mode
drivers/gpu/drm/atmel-hlcdc/atmel_hlcdc_crtc.c | 5 +++++
drivers/gpu/drm/atmel-hlcdc/atmel_hlcdc_dc.c | 13 +++++++++++
drivers/gpu/drm/atmel-hlcdc/atmel_hlcdc_dc.h | 16 ++++++++++++++
drivers/gpu/drm/atmel-hlcdc/atmel_hlcdc_plane.c | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
4 files changed, 63 insertions(+)