Spurious touchpad events with closed LID

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Mon Jun 26 2017 - 12:55:18 EST

Hi!

When I'm using dock with external input devices (keyboard + mouse) and
LID is closed, I'm getting spurious touchpad events and random mouse
clicks and movements.

It is because top part of LID is above touchpad and probably generates
touch pushes.

Year (or two?) when I had conversation with ALPS people I was told that
Windows driver is automatically turning touchpad off when ACPI LID close
event is received (and similarly turn touchpad on).

Maybe Linux should do similar thing? Random movement or touchpad clicks
is really annoying. But I'm not sure if kernel or userspace should do
this job... What do you think?

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx