Re: usb data toggle reset in xhci_endpoint_reset

From: Mathias Nyman
Date: Wed Jun 28 2017 - 09:52:22 EST

On 28.06.2017 16:17, Dennis Wassenberg wrote:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the usb data toggle reset patch at https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git/log/?h=ep_reset_halt_test

I know that it is just experimental. Now I am in the situation that I need exactly this data toggle reset. I want to flash a radio unit via VBox using XHCI emulation. The radio unit itself is USB 2.0 connected to the host via XHCI (no EHCI available at Lenovo T460s). I made some tests and in some cases it works pretty well. But in some situations I got the following errors:

That was based on a really old kernel, you might be better off with trying to add back
this reverted patch on a more recent kernel:

commit 27082e2654dc148078b0abdfc3c8e5ccbde0ebfa
xhci: Clear the host side toggle manually when endpoint is 'soft reset'

I don't remember why it was reverted anymore, would need to dig through mailing
list etc.

-Mathias