Re: [RFC] tracing: Add support for critical section event tracing

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Jun 30 2017 - 08:33:20 EST

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 22:17:22 -0700
Joel Fernandes <joelaf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> Did you have any comments about this patch? It was sent a while ago
> and if you can provide me your initial thoughts on it, I would
> appreciate it. (Sorry to ping you about it during the busy merge
> window time, but I was thinking if I can get any initial early
> comments from you then I can get to work on it and finish in time well
> before the next merge window).

Sorry for missing that. It's still in my INBOX in the "to look at"
markings ;-)

Actually, have you seen Tom Zanussi's patch series about histograms.
"tracing: Inter-event (e.g. latency) support". He just recently posted
another series.

I'd like to get that in before looking at adding events into the
critical sections. But that said, I'll still take a look at your patch.

Thanks for reminding me.

-- Steve