Re: [tip:sched/core] sched/cputime: Refactor the cputime_adjust() code

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Jul 04 2017 - 06:01:38 EST

* Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Argh, no... That code was perfectly fine. The new code otoh is
> convoluted crap.
>
> It had the form:
>
> if (exception1)
> deal with exception1
>
> if (execption2)
> deal with exception2
>
> do normal stuff
>
> Which is as simple and straight forward as it gets.
>
> The new code otoh reads like:
>
> if (!exception1) {
> if (exception2)
> deal with exception 2
> else
> do normal stuff
> }
>
> which is absolute shit.
>
> So NAK on this.

Agreed - I've queued up a revert.

Note that I fixed the old comment, which was arguably wrong:

/*
* If either stime or both stime and utime are 0, assume all runtime is
* userspace. Once a task gets some ticks, the monotonicy code at
* 'update' will ensure things converge to the observed ratio.
*/

The correct comment is something like:

/*
* If either stime or utime are 0, assume all runtime is userspace.
* Once a task gets some ticks, the monotonicy code at 'update:'
* will ensure things converge to the observed ratio.
*/

Thanks,

Ingo