Re: device support in hpasa, was: Re: OOPS from cciss_ioctl in 4.12+git

From: Hannes Reinecke
Date: Fri Jul 07 2017 - 12:05:30 EST

On 07/07/2017 05:03 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:

>>> I have older adapter:
>>>
>>> Compaq Computer Corporation Smart Array 64xx [0e11:0046] (rev 01)
>>>
>>> That does not seem to be supported by hpsa AFAICS.
>>
>> Looks like. Although hpsa has support for various SA5 controllers
>> it seems like it decided to skip all Compaq branded controllers.
>>
>> As far as I can tell we could simply add support for those to
>> hpsa. Ccing hpsa folks to figure out if that's the case.
>
> Pretty sure Hannes had a patch he tested for that, he talked about
> that back at LSFMM earlier this year. Hannes?

Oh, I do.
hpsa is working happily on SLES for _all_ SmartArray controllers.
You need to enable 'hpsa_allow_any=1', though.
But I'm perfectly happy with making that the default and drop cciss
completely.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke Teamlead Storage & Networking
hare@xxxxxxx +49 911 74053 688