Re: [HMM 12/15] mm/migrate: new memory migration helper for use with device memory v4

From: Evgeny Baskakov
Date: Sat Jul 15 2017 - 01:05:54 EST

On 7/14/17 5:55 PM, Jerome Glisse wrote:
So pushed an updated hmm-next branch this should fix all issues you had.
Thought i am not sure about the test in this mail, all i see is that it
continously spit error messages but it does not hang (i let it run 20min
or so). Dunno if that is what expected. Let me know if this is still an
issue and if so what should be the expected output of this test program.

Cheers,
JÃrÃme

Thanks, Jerome. The kernel hang indeed seems to be fixed.

Regarding the last issue I reported. It still persists. The test program should eventually exit. Instead, it loops indefinitely (sorry, I was not clear when I called it 'app-side hang').

This is what's expected. The number of error messages can be random, but must be finite; the program must print "OK" at the end:

$ ./run.sh
&&& 1 migrate threads: STARTING
iteration 0
thread 0 is migrating 10000 pages starting from 0x7f6abce79000
migrate_thread_func:87: failed to migrate pages at 0x7f6abce79000 (migrate.npages (tid 0): 9725 != npages: 10000)
thread 0 is migrating 10000 pages starting from 0x7f6abce79000
thread 0 is migrating 10000 pages starting from 0x7f6abce79000
&&& 1 migrate threads: PASSED
(OK)[./sanity_rmem004] anon migration read test

Thanks,

--
Evgeny Baskakov
NVIDIA