Re: [v6 13/15] mm: stop zeroing memory during allocation in vmemmap

From: Pasha Tatashin
Date: Fri Aug 11 2017 - 12:12:42 EST

On 08/11/2017 09:04 AM, Michal Hocko wrote:
On Mon 07-08-17 16:38:47, Pavel Tatashin wrote:
Replace allocators in sprase-vmemmap to use the non-zeroing version. So,
we will get the performance improvement by zeroing the memory in parallel
when struct pages are zeroed.

First of all this should be probably merged with the previous patch. The
I think vmemmap_alloc_block would be better to split up into
__vmemmap_alloc_block which doesn't zero and vmemmap_alloc_block which
does zero which would reduce the memset callsites and it would make it
slightly more robust interface.

Ok, I will add: vmemmap_alloc_block_zero() call, and merge this and the previous patches together.