Re: early x86 unseeded randomness

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Aug 14 2017 - 14:01:03 EST

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 10:47:47AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Plus on modern x86, you'll always get at least the hardware
> randomness, which is fundamentally much better anyway.

Right, my only intention was to get rid of those:

[ 0.000000] random: get_random_bytes called from start_kernel+0x30/0x3d8 with crng_init=0

What do you propose? Keep 'em?

Or fix the above, snipped bit to conditionally do rdtsc() *once* or
get_random_bytes() depending on the crng state?

> So this patch is utter and absolute garbage, and should be shot in the
> head and buried very very deep.

/me takes out a 44 magnum...

> Please immediately delete it from the whole internet.

Haha, lemme call a guy.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.