Re: [v2,1/2] hwmon: (adcxx) add devictree bindings documentation

From: Florian Eckert
Date: Mon Sep 04 2017 - 03:13:23 EST

Hello Guenter

Thank you again for reviewing my patches!
It was the first time for me :-) to add something to the kernel.

+- vref-supply
+ The external reference in microvolt for this device is set to this value.
+ If it does not exists the reference will be set to 3300000uV (3.3V).

s/exists/exist/

Sorry for the noise and thank you for the hint.

+
+Example:
+
+adc@6 {
+ compatible = "national,adcxx2s";
+ reg = <6 0>;
+ spi-max-frequency = <1000000>;

I asssume that means that standard spi properties are accepted / required,
which I think should be documented. We'll need input from Rob for that.

Yes this is a standard option.
I have added this because "Documentation/devicetree/bindings/hwmon/lm70.txt"
did the same. This was my pattern.

I will send a follow up patch set if this is clarivied. Let me know if this is needed or not.

Thanks
Florian