Re: [BUG] GPF on reboot of box

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Sat Oct 07 2017 - 09:40:13 EST

[ Replying from an actual computer this time ]

On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 19:21:26 -0700
Nadav Amit <nadav.amit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> IIRC, there was a problem in rc1, which should be resolved in newer rcs.
> If you need to run rc1, you can try to use the kernel parameter ânopcid".

I noticed the bug when I rebased my work on top of rc3 and started
testing that. I only mentioned rc1 because that's the first tagged
release that had the bug in it. If it is fixed in a later release, then
great! But I don't see that as the case (I haven't tested work on top
of rc3).

I'd like to have this fixed without having to do workarounds like
adding nopcid to the kernel command line. If it is a bug for me, I'm
sure it's going to be a bug for many others that wont know how to
complain about it.

-- Steve