Re: [GIT PULL] nfsd changes for 4.14-rc

From: J. Bruce Fields
Date: Tue Oct 10 2017 - 15:27:12 EST

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:42:01AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:24 AM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Please pull nfsd fixes from
> >
> > git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git tags/nfsd-4.14-1
>
> There's nothing there. That tag just points to my 4.14-rc1 commit.
>
> > One fix for a 4.14 regression, and one minor fix to the MAINTAINERs
> > file. (I was weirdly flattered by the idea that lots of random people
> > suddenly seemed to think Jeff and I were VFS experts. Turns out it was
> > just a typo.)
>
> .. and there's also no diffstat and commit list in your pull request,
> probably exactly because you screwed up the tag so there's nothing to
> pull..

Sigh, so it's not like I didn't have enough warning signs.

I just deleted redid the tag with the same name. (Does it cause a
problem that the old object is still sitting around somewhere with the
same name but nothing pointing at it? I'm assuming not.)

--b.

git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git tags/nfsd-4.14-1

One fix for a 4.14 regression, and one minor fix to the MAINTAINERs
file. (I was weirdly flattered by the idea that lots of random people
suddenly seemed to think Jeff and I were VFS experts. Turns out it was
just a typo.)

Eric Biggers (1):
MAINTAINERS: associate linux/fs.h with VFS instead of file locking

Eryu Guan (1):
nfsd4: define nfsd4_secinfo_no_name_release()

MAINTAINERS | 4 ++--
fs/nfsd/nfs4proc.c | 9 ++++++++-