Re: 4.13 (and probably all recent) kernels refuse to boot on one Nokia N950, work or another

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Thu Oct 26 2017 - 03:21:23 EST

On Thursday 26 October 2017 09:08:15 Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Thu 2017-10-26 08:25:02, Filip MatijeviÄ wrote:
> > Last time I couldn't get output on serial I used CONFIG_DEBUG_LL,
> > CONFIG_DEBUG_OMAP3UART3, CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK... and ignore_loglevel
> > earlyprintk kernel params to get output early enough - I guess you
> > already tried that.
>
> I realized I'm not getting output from the decompessor (even on "S"
> machine), and enabled that.

That is because you have not enabled those EARLY PRINK or DEBUG LL.
Similar thing is needed for N900 and IIRC in some of my linux-n900
branches I have config for it. Plus it needs patching some arch/arm
source files to make it working.

> But I'm _still_ not getting any output on decompressor... early
> printing works ok on "S" but not on "P".

I guess there can be either problem with memory mapping and RAM size or
with OMAP HS mode?

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx