Re: Adjustments for a lot of function implementations

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Mon Oct 30 2017 - 06:41:06 EST

>> Just for the record, while this may work for media, it won't work for all
>> subsystems. One will quickly get a complaint that the big patch needs to
>> go into multiple trees.
>
> For the record: this only applies to drivers/media.

Interesting â

> We discussed what do to with series like this during our media summit last Friday

Would you like to share any more information from this meeting?

> and this was the conclusion of that.

I would appreciate further indications for a corresponding change acceptance.

I found a feedback by Mauro Carvalho Chehab more constructive.

[GIT,PULL,FOR,v4.15] Cleanup fixes
https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/43957/

ââ
This time, I was nice and I took some time doing:

$ quilt fold < `quilt next` && quilt delete `quilt next`
ââ

Regards,
Markus