Re: [Intel-gfx] [haswell_crtc_enable] WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 109 at drivers/gpu/drm/drm_vblank.c:1066 drm_wait_one_vblank+0x18f/0x1a0 [drm]

From: Rodrigo Vivi
Date: Mon Oct 30 2017 - 16:04:01 EST

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 07:10:11PM +0000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > CC intel-gfx.
>
> Thanks, these are all interesting (even if some of them seem to be
> from random kernels).
>
> Fengguang, is this a new script that you started running? Because I'm
> *hoping* it's not that rc6 suddenly seems so flaky, and it's really
> that you now have a nice new script that started reporting these
> things better, even though many of them may be old?

yep, on our side there isn't anything on 4.14-rc6 from i915 that could justify
this issues. I hope...

Well, on the other hand it would be easier to bisect if this is a 4.14-rc6 thing
since we just got one patch for i915 and few patches for gvt for this -rc6.

> This particular one I will have to leave to the intel gfx people to comment on.

why is the bisect hard on this case in particularly? random?

Is is reported anywhere where we could have access to full logs?

I couldn't find any related open issue on our side.
Nothing like this on our CI apparently as well.

Other related cases that I saw with vblank time out like this, something
else on CPU/GPU had already died before that hence the vblank never recieved.
So I'd like to see more logs to have a better idea.

Thanks,
Rodrigo.