Re: [vlan_device_event] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 6b6b6ccf

From: Fengguang Wu
Date: Thu Nov 09 2017 - 01:55:21 EST

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 10:34:10PM -0800, Cong Wang wrote:
On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Alex,

So looking over the trace the panic seems to be happening after a
decnet interface is getting deleted. Is there any chance we could try
compiling the kernel without decnet support to see if that is the
source of these issues? I don't know if anyone on the Intel Wired Lan
team is testing with that enabled so if we can eliminate that as a
possible cause that would be useful.

Sure and thank you for the suggestion!

It looks disabling DECNET still triggers the vlan_device_event BUG.
However when looking at the dmesgs, I find another warning just before
the vlan_device_event BUG. Not sure if it's related one or independent
now-fixed issue.

Those decnet symbols are probably noises.

Yes it's not related to CONFIG_DECNET.

How do you reproduce it? And what is your setup? Vlan device on
top of your eth0 (e1000)?

It can basically be reproduced in one of our test machines --
lkp-wsx03, which is a Westmere EX server.

The test boots an openwrt image in QEMU and run trinity for minutes.

Here is the openwrt image:

https://github.com/0day-ci/lkp-qemu/blob/master/osimage/openwrt/openwrt-i386-2016-03-16.cgz

I don't know how openwrt deals with VLAN. :)

Thanks,
Fengguang