Re: [GIT PULL] x86 updates for v4.15

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 14 2017 - 00:02:49 EST

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git x86-asm-for-linus

Hmm #2.

My laptop had odd SIGBUS and IO errors after a suspend/resume cycle
when running commit d6ec9d9a4def, which is after my merge of the x86
core changes.

I'm probably not going to be able to bisect it - there's nothing in
the logs, probably because processes just died (and most likely the IO
errors were due to the disk having gone missing), but looking at the
merges I had done up until that point, all the suspect ones are from
you.

The x86 pull obviously being the most likely one, just based on
content, and based on that "after suspend/resume".

I'm wondering how much suspend/resume testing that entry code has
gotten. Last release it was the TLB ASID code that messed up on
suspend/resume, I suspect there is a decided lack of test coverage in
the otherwise good x86 farm..

I'll see if I can get anything interesting out of testing some more,
but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

Usually it's the networking tree and the PM tree that triggers issues
on my laptop, but neither of those had been merged at that point. But
there also really isn't anything else that looks odd in there.

Linus