Re: [RFC 00/19] KVM: s390/crypto/vfio: guest dedicated crypto adapters

From: Cornelia Huck
Date: Tue Nov 14 2017 - 08:57:43 EST

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 15:39:09 -0400
Tony Krowiak <akrowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/13/2017 01:38 PM, Tony Krowiak wrote:
> Ping

> > Tony Krowiak (19):
> > KVM: s390: SIE considerations for AP Queue virtualization
> > KVM: s390: refactor crypto initialization
> > s390/zcrypt: new AP matrix bus
> > s390/zcrypt: create an AP matrix device on the AP matrix bus
> > s390/zcrypt: base implementation of AP matrix device driver
> > s390/zcrypt: register matrix device with VFIO mediated device
> > framework
> > KVM: s390: introduce AP matrix configuration interface
> > s390/zcrypt: support for assigning adapters to matrix mdev
> > s390/zcrypt: validate adapter assignment
> > s390/zcrypt: sysfs interfaces supporting AP domain assignment
> > s390/zcrypt: validate domain assignment
> > s390/zcrypt: sysfs support for control domain assignment
> > s390/zcrypt: validate control domain assignment
> > KVM: s390: Connect the AP mediated matrix device to KVM
> > s390/zcrypt: introduce ioctl access to VFIO AP Matrix driver
> > KVM: s390: interface to configure KVM guest's AP matrix
> > KVM: s390: validate input to AP matrix config interface
> > KVM: s390: New ioctl to configure KVM guest's AP matrix
> > s390/facilities: enable AP facilities needed by guest

I think the approach is fine, and the code also looks fine for the most
part. Some comments:

- various patches can be squashed together to give a better
understanding at a glance
- this needs documentation (as I already said)
- some of the driver/device modelling feels a bit awkward (commented in
patches) -- I'm not sure that my proposal is better, but I think we
should make sure the interdependencies are modeled correctly
- some minor stuff