SPI Kernel Module

From: Harvey Brezina Conniffe
Date: Tue Nov 14 2017 - 14:37:54 EST

Hi, My name is Harvey Brezina Conniffe and I am currently trying to interface a max3421 chip with a Raspberry Pi using this driver: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commits/master/drivers/usb/host/max3421-hcd.c . I am a programmer but have basically no experience with kernel modules. I have managed to compile the module and insert it into the kernel on a RaspberryPI( But am basically lost as to what to do next! ), How would I specify which SPI bus to use? Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Harvey.