Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rseq tree with Linus' tree

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Wed Nov 15 2017 - 11:05:01 EST

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> ----- On Nov 15, 2017, at 10:22 AM, Thomas Gleixner tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Can we please handle this as any other feature which is not ready before
> > the merge window and postpone the rseq stuff for 4.16?
>
> Linus showed interest in merging the rseq tree when we discussed at the
> Kernel Summit. The tree has not changed much since then. I only integrated
> membarrier patches that were implemented around the time of the 4.14 merge
> window, which I queued for the 4.15 (current) window.

Linus showed interest for a lot of things in the past. That does not mean
it makes things magically complete and ready.

As Michael pointed out there is no man page, not even a draft for it
available. See: Documentation/process/adding-syscalls.rst

Aside of that, since KS I have about 400 mails, i.e. 20 per work day,
regarding this stuff in my inbox. Seriously from the sheer amount of
discussion I had the impression that this in not yet in a shape to be
merged.

Thanks,

tglx