Re: [linux-sunxi] Cedrus driver

From: Giulio Benetti
Date: Thu Nov 16 2017 - 05:38:05 EST

Hi,

Il 16/11/2017 11:31, Andreas Baierl ha scritto:
Am 16.11.2017 um 11:13 schrieb Giulio Benetti:
Hello,

Hello,
I'm wondering why cedrus https://github.com/FlorentRevest/linux-sunxi-cedrus has never been merged with linux-sunxi sunxi-next.

Because it is not ready to be merged. It depends on the v4l2 request API, which was not merged and which is re-worked atm.
Also, sunxi-cedrus itself is not in a finished state and is not as feature-complete to be merged. Anyway it might be something for staging... Has there been a [RFC] on the mailing list at all?

Where can I find a list of TODOs to get it ready to be merged?

I see it seems to be dead, no commit in 1 year.
Yes, because the author did this during an internship, which ended ... Afaik nobody picked up his work yet.
I would like to respawn it and contribute to sunxi-next,
Feel free to work on it...

Hope to be able, but I'm going to try.

since we need video acceleration on A20 and A33.

ack.

By the way, when you answer to google group, is it right that all CC I inserted are not inserted too?
Because this causes mess with mailing lists (seems to me).

Regards
rellla
Best regards

--
Giulio Benetti
R&D Manager &

MICRONOVA SRL
Sede: Via A. Niedda 3 - 35010 Vigonza (PD)
Tel. 049/8931563 - Fax 049/8931346
Cod.Fiscale - P.IVA 02663420285
Capitale Sociale â 26.000 i.v.
Iscritta al Reg. Imprese di Padova N. 02663420285
Numero R.E.A. 258642