Re: intel-gpio interrupts stop firing with Focaltech I2C-HID touchpad

From: Mika Westerberg
Date: Fri Nov 17 2017 - 06:01:24 EST

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 06:01:27PM +0800, Chris Chiu wrote:
> Hi Mika,
> Here's the full dmesg log you need. The touchpad stop reporting at
> the last of the log.
> https://gist.github.com/mschiu77/a0b8d24a586a228c55eca30c87c71d41

Thanks!

I did not spot anything suspicious in the i2c-hid initialization. When
the issue happens, can you check what the pin state is and if it changes
when you use the touchpad? If I read your ACPI tables right, something
like this:

# grep GPIO_18 /sys/kernel/debug/pinctrl/INT3452:00/pins

(it could be another INT3452:* device as well).

The GPIO line should be high and when the touchpad is pressed it should
go low.

Then another thing, if you unload i2c-hid and load it back, does it
start working again?

# modprobe -r i2c-hid
# modprobe i2c-hid