RE: [BISECTED] tpm CLKRUN breaks PS/2 keyboard and touchpad on Braswell system

From: Shaikh, Azhar
Date: Mon Dec 18 2017 - 14:34:41 EST

Hi Javier,

Yes you are correct with the above understanding of the CLKRUN.

>IIUC, if CLKRUN_EN is enabled, then all the devices attached to the LPC bus
>have to support the CLKRUN protocol. My guess is that on some Braswell
>systems LPC power management is enabled but the TPM device doesn't have
>CLKRUN support.

I think this is what might be happening here.

Since I do not have an end product to test this on, I managed to get one BSW Reference Verification Platform(RVP). I flashed the latest Ubuntu (17.10) which is on 4.13.13 kernel version and does have the patch.

I was able to use the PS/2 mouse and keyboard immediately after bootup and also after suspend/resume cycle. The system does have a TPM.(/dev/tpm0 and /dev/tpmrm0 exist)