Re: [RFC] MIPS memblock: Remove bootmem code and switch to NO_BOOTMEM

From: Marcin Nowakowski
Date: Fri Dec 22 2017 - 02:26:58 EST

Hi Serge,

On 19.12.2017 21:14, Serge Semin wrote:
Hello folks,

Almost a year ago I sent a patchset to the Linux MIPS community. The main target of the patchset
was to get rid from the old bootmem allocator usage at the MIPS architecture. Additionally I had
a problem with CMA usage on my MIPS machine due to some struct page-related issue. Moving to the
memblock allocator fixed the problem and gave us benefits like smaller memory consumption,
powerful memblock API to be used within the arch code.

@marcin.nowakowski@xxxxxxxxxxx Could you confirm if you are still interested in the patchset and
ready to update the Loongson64 platform code so one would be compatible with it?

I am currently working on different projects, but I will try to do my best to help with this (but just might require more time than I would otherwise need).
Given the scale of the task and the amount of testing required, I expect that it will take a while to get a complete set of patches reviewed and tested which should hopefully be enough to fix support for all platforms affected.

Marcin