Re: [patch V5 01/11] Documentation: Add license-rules.rst to describe how to properly identify file licenses

From: Joe Perches
Date: Fri Dec 29 2017 - 11:20:15 EST

On Fri, 2017-12-29 at 14:21 +0100, Philippe Ombredanne wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 11:17 PM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Dec 2017, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> >
> > Sorry for the spam. I somehow missed to refresh the patch before generating
> > the mbox. Find below the correct version of that one which has ALL braces
> > removed which we don't need.

Has it been legally reviewed and accepted that removal
of the BSD license text from individual source files is
appropriate and meets the legal requirements of
following the BSD license on a per-file basis?

And if so, who did this review?

Is there any license that does not allow removal of the
license text and does not allow simple substitution of
the SPDX license identifier in each individual file?